Monday, August 26, 2013

Bruno, the Bear!

Nope. You were not the brightest one in the litter. You were not even the biggest. Nor the most dominant. Yeah, that was your sister, remember seeing her trying to chew off your little ear. There was something about you. The most adorable little cub I had ever seen, you were like a little bear, with them big furry paws, little teeth and barely open eyes. So we get you home, give you some milk soaked bread (which you don't bother to eat much), and place you on the floor.. and what do you do?? you lazy old bum! you spread all four leg and start napping like a baby.. still remember that day like yesterday, even after 7 years had come to pass.

Bruno Gunner of Silverfern, that was your given name, don't think you ever gave a damn about that, I bet you remember all them trash names I used to call you with.. Balla, Buchi, Baba, Modaya, Haraka, Thalapatha, Rotiya.. and most of the time.. Putha.. Ring any Bells?

As time came to pass you grew in to a HULK of a dog, for most people you were a HUMONGOUS dog. Weighing at more than 70 Kg, you were quite a handful and hands down the biggest Rottweiler I've ever known. You were always a gentle giant though, the innocent, yet jealous as heck type. You loved everyone! And I mean everyone, People would pea in their pants when you got near, noo.. that is not because you were fierce.. thats just because you were tremendous. Maaan! Food was your passion... you greedy Pig! You were the king of munch town. :) :) and exactly the right fit for our family. Bruno Yatawara. Haha!

We had our ups and downs, I still yield the scars from all those battles we had, all those times you tried to chew off my hand, remember I even got vaccinated once after you bit my arm (was it the arm, I don't remember) I miss all them fights, I miss that fierceness, both of us... we were two peas off the same pod. We liked it rough... the violence we exhibited our anger flaring... that was a fundamental part of our relationship.. you would growl at me, and I would growl at you, 5 minutes we would fighting.. and in another 5 minutes, you would be lying on the ground with all 4 paws up, looking at me with that weird grin in your face, tongue sticking out, while I rubbed your tummy... those were the days my friend. Those were the days.

I don't think anybody would understand what we had, and I don't expect them to.. I'm writing this because I was not able to be at your side, in your dying hour. This is the speech that I always wanted you to hear from me. And this is the speech I never got to give you. Rest in peace my Son!. May you attain a better life, a better family that would give you all the fried fish and corned mutton, and crunchy chewy stuff you liked all so much. Farewell Boy! Hope we meet again, in this life or the next.






No comments:

Post a Comment